Last night and even into this morning, I wasn’t sure if I was going to actually purchase an iPad. It’s an awesome device, I’ll get a lot of use out of it but like my mom was saying to me “Yeah, but it’s $500.00”. Anyway, when I woke up this morning (at 9AM, without an alarm set), I decided to see what my options were - maybe there was a student discount or Steve did something crazy in the middle of the night and the iPad was different.
I went on the Apple website and saw it was available. I put one in my shopping cart and noticed it said “Delivers by April 3rd”. Then it clicked in my head that even if it does get delivered that day, it’ll spend hours or days circulating around the Syracuse University mail system and then I’ll be stuck waiting for the main desk to actually give it to me. Don’t even get me started on that.
But then I noticed something awesome. If you don’t want to have it shipped, you can reserve an iPad at your local Apple Store. So, I did it. It took two clicks and I was done. So this is how awesome this actually is:
- I now have an extra (almost) month to decide if I actually want to buy it.
- I have more time to work a little more and get some extra spending cash.
- There will be an iPad waiting for me at the Apple Store as early as 9AM on the day it’s released.
- If I decide I don’t want it, I just don’t show up and if I’m not there by 3PM, they will give it to someone else.
- I don’t have to pay until I go to pick it up.
Seems like a much better plan to me.